The usual spectrum of left and right does not apply to Indian politics. But does that mean that our politics is based on identity and patronage, and not ideology? Not quite, says political scientist Rahul Verma, as he joins Amit Varma in episode 131 of The Seen and the Unseen to explain the two ideological cleavages that divide India.
Also check out:
1. Ideology and Identity -- Pradeep K Chhibber and Rahul Verma
2. Religious Practice and Democracy in India -- Pradeep K Chhibber
3. Religion and Ideology in Indian Society -- Episode 124 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Suyash Rai)
4. Imagine No Possessions -- Episode 26 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shruti Rajagopalan)
5. Crime in Indian Politics -- Episode 114 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Milan Vaishnav)